Coronavirus: protect yourself and others
Protect yourself and others from the coronavirus: wash your hands with soap, do not touch other people and wear a face mask in places where you cannot keep a safe distance.
Protect yourself against the coronavirus during your stay at the reception centre:
- Wash your hands several times a day with soap
- Cough or sneeze into a paper tissue or into your elbow
- Use paper tissues and discard them in a rubbish bin with a lid
- Do not touch your face
- Do not touch other people
- Avoid contact with people who are ill
- Keep a 1.5-metre distance
When do you have to wear a face mask?
Wear a face mask in places where it is not possible to stay a safe distance (1.5 metres) away from other people, such as in the shop, school. Children under the age of 12 are not required to wear a mask.
Wearing a face mask is mandatory in Belgium
- on public transport (bus, tram, train or metro)
- at the station and at the bus stop
- in shops and markets
- in museums, libraries, cinemas and concert halls
- in places of worship
- in public buildings
- in cafes and restaurants, except when you sit at a table
- in the reception centre, in places with the icon 'mouth mask mandatory'